Children and Wildlife
Wildlife unlike zoo, farm and captive animals pose special dangers to children. Explain to children the differences between wild and domestic animals so they will know why it is important not to approach, touch or feed wildlife.
For their own safety, children should:
- Always be within close reach and sight of guardians.
- Avoid playing in or near dense cover.
- Refrain from squealing or making other animal-like noises while hiking or playing.
- Be warned not to approach animals, especially baby animals.
- Never pet, feed or pose for a photo with a wild animal even if the animal appears tame.